Thank you for considering a donation to BHO!
Thank you for supporting the scientific and educational mission of the Blue Hill Observatory and Science Center to preserve and maintain our long, consistent climate record while teaching students and the general public about atmospheric science.There are several ways to make a donation to the Observatory:
Click on the Donate button to pay with your Credit Card or PayPal. Enter the amount you wish to donate on the PayPal page (PayPal account not required) and follow the directions there.
You may also donate online at our Square store.
Donate by Phone
Please call (617) 696-0562 to make your donation by phone using your Credit Card.
Donate by Mail
You may also make your donation by personal check made out to Blue Hill Observatory Science Center, then mail your check to:
Blue Hill Observatory
P.O. Box 187
Readville, MA, 02137
We also accept stock donations through Cocatalyst. Use the link above and follow the directions to donate stock to support the Observatory.
Now you can shop at Amazon, and they will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchase to Blue Hill Observatory Science Center at no cost to you! Click the link below to sign up today!
How Your Donation Supports Us
Each year 10,000 Greater Boston and global visitors come through our doors to learn more about our historic landmark weather Observatory—1 of only 6 in the country. Annual support from our community helps us to continue to offer engaging and educational community-oriented programs for all ages—while also maintaining our 137-year meticulous climate record.
2021 Year in Review
– Daily (24-7) Weather Observations and Daily Reports—maintaining our meticulous 137-year climate record.
– Monthly, Seasonal, and Annual Weather Summaries
– “State of the Climate at Blue Hill” Report
– Monthly and Long-Term Climate Graphics
– Virtual Southern New England Mini-Weather Conference
– Collaborative Research Projects with Global Institutions
– “Climb for Climate” Challenge—a new annual Earth Day Event at Blue Hill Observatory
– Webinar Series “Tim Kelly + 1″—features renowned experts in climate and meteorology
– “Launch Your Career in Meteorology”—a summer immersion program for youth with a passion for meteorology.
– Educational Programs serving 4,000 youth include; Observatory Exploration, Weather Watching at Great Blue Hill, The Math of Meteorology, Guided Hikes, Kite Making Workshops, and Internships for High School and College Students
Through community support we are able to expand and enhance our high-quality programs that cannot be found anywhere else.
Exciting Changes in 2022
– Redesigned and improved organization website
– Blue Hill Observatory is half-way through a very exciting $2M renovation project of its historic landmark building that is being executed by the MA Department of Conservation and Recreation in partnership with the Observatory’s staff.
– When we reopen we will showcase new interactive exhibits on touch screens that will allow individuals to explore our organization’s history, weather programs, and climate data. We will also offer a number of special events to celebrate our “Grand Reopening.”
– As always thank you for supporting Blue Hill Observatory and Science Center’s mission to foster public understanding of Earth’s weather, climate, and environmental systems and to continue to produce, maintain, and analyze a meticulous, consistent record of weather and climate observations.