This year’s Southern New England Weather Conference will be held on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th at MEDITECH in FOXBORO, Massachusetts. This state-of-the-art building features a 3,000 sq. ft. auditorium-in-the-round where most of the conference will be held.
Since 2000, the Conference has provided a place for weather enthusiasts and professionals to gather and share their knowledge and expertise regarding topics such as winter weather forecasting, severe weather, hurricanes, advances in the science of meteorology, and emergency preparedness, as well as many other topics. Regardless of whether you are a seasoned professional or have just a casual interest in weather, the Southern New England Weather Conference is sure to offer topics of interest to you.
Some of the topics that will be covered this year include:
- Coastal Flooding during the January 4, 2018 Nor’easter
- Sea-Level Rise in New England
- Climate Change Effects on Local Plants
- Winter Storm Bust on March 20, 2018
- Communicating Weather and Climate Information using Digital Media
- Preserving the Weather at the Blue Hill Observatory
To see the agenda and register, go to the Southern New England Weather Conference web site.