Our immersive summer meteorology workshop is for students who have an interest in the weather and wish to explore careers in meteorology and atmospheric science with professional meteorologists and scientists.
Participants in our week-long immersion workshop will:
- Receive inspirational guidance from Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN meteorologist, through discussions on his insights and passions for weather.
- Experience an immersive understanding of meteorology through on-site discourse in the mornings followed by afternoon field trips.
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather.
- Examine proven broadcasting techniques from local meteorologists.
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in a TV studio.
Who can apply?
- While we recommend the program to students ages 14 to 18 years old, other ages may also apply. Due to the immersive component of the program we can accept only eight participants each year.
- Financial aide is available thanks to the David Cook Scholarship fund. Details are on the application form.
Questions about the program may be directed to Don McCasland, Program Director, by email or phone: email@example.com or 617-696-0562.
In memory of former Blue Hill Observatory & Science Center Board Member, Dave Cook, a Scholarship Fund has been established that will support the attendance of one student at the Workshop. Let us know why you want to participate in the Workshop, and you may be the one selected to receive the scholarship. More information on how to apply is available at this link.