About Blue Hill Observatory & Science Center’s Summer Meteorology Workshop
Our immersive summer meteorology workshop is for students who have an interest in the weather and wish to explore careers in meteorology and atmospheric science with professional meteorologists and scientists. This year, the Workshop will be held during the week of August 8 – August 13, 2022.
Participants in our week-long immersion workshop will:
- Receive inspirational guidance from Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN meteorologist, through discussions on his insights and passions for weather.
- Experience an immersive understanding of meteorology through on-site discourse in the mornings followed by afternoon field trips.
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather.
- Examine proven broadcasting techniques from local meteorologists.
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in a TV studio.
Who can apply?
- While we recommend the program to students ages 14 to 18 years old, other ages may also apply. Due to the immersive component of the program we can accept only eight participants each year.
- To download an application form click here. After downloading the document, fill in the requested information and follow the instructions in the document to submit the application.
Questions about the program may be directed to Don McCasland, Program Director, by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-696-0562.