This summer’s workshop is designed for students who enjoy learning about the weather and who might like a career in meteorology/ atmospheric science. While it is recommended for students between the ages of 14 and 18 years old, others may apply. The workshop will be held during the week of July 13th and July 18th, 2020.
Students participating in the Blue Hill Observatory Summer Workshop will:
- Learn from a team of meteorologists led by Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN
- Receive personal instruction- Maximum 8 students will be accepted for this workshop
- Learn proven broadcasting techniques from well known local meteorologists
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in an actual TV studio
Students will receive four hours of intensive instruction in the mornings followed by an afternoon field trip to – CBS TV4, National Weather Service and NBC Boston/New England Cable News, NECN.
Applications and tuition rates are available from Executive Director Charles Orloff at firstname.lastname@example.org