This summer’s workshop is designed for students who enjoy learning about the weather and who might like a career in meteorology/ atmospheric science. While it is recommended for students between the ages of 14 and 18 years old, others may apply. The workshop will be held during the week of July 9 through 15th, 2018.
BHO 2018 Summer Workshop Class with CBS4 Meteorologist Pamela Gardner
Students participating in the Blue Hill Observatory Summer Workshop will:
- Learn from meteorologists Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN, Danielle Niles, CBS4, and Michael Page, NBC Boston/NECN
- Receive personal instruction- Maximum 8 students will be accepted for this workshop
- Learn proven broadcasting techniques from well known local meteorologists
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in an actual TV studio
Students will receive four hours of intensive instruction in the mornings followed by an afternoon field trip to – CBS TV4, National Weather Service and NBC Boston/New England Cable News, NECN.
Applications and tuition rates are available from Executive Director Charles Orloff at email@example.com