This summer’s workshop is designed for students who enjoy learning about the weather and who might like a career in meteorology/ atmospheric science. While it is recommended for students between the ages of 14 and 18 years old, others may apply. The workshop will be held during the week of July 17 through 22rd.
BHO Summer Workshop Class with CBS4 Meteorologist Danielle Niles
Students participating in the Blue Hill Observatory Summer Workshop will:
- Learn from meteorologists Tim Kelley, NBC Boston/NECN, Pamela Gardner, CBS4, and Michael Page, NBC Boston/NECN
- Receive personal instruction- Maximum 8 students will be accepted for this workshop
- Learn proven broadcasting techniques from well known local meteorologists
- Learn to accurately observe and forecast the weather
- Prepare and record a personal forecast in an actual TV studio
Students will receive four hours of intensive instruction in the mornings followed by an afternoon field trip to – CBS TV4, National Weather Service and NBC Boston/New England Cable News, NECN.
Applications and tuition rates are available from Executive Director Charles Orloff at email@example.com